Is it Time to Re-evaluate that Home Temporary Office Space?
Is your temporary home office space still working or is it time for a designated home office space? In the last year or so we have shared ideas to help our clients and homeowners quickly set up temporary office spaces. As many found themselves in a position of working from home literally overnight. Now as we see for many working from home is going to be the new normal, it’s time to evaluate that temporary home office to see if there is a need for improvement.
Space to think.
Whether you are still working from home permanently or finding yourself working from home a few days a week, You might be thinking that it’s time to set up a more permanent home office space.
Evaluate your current workspace, make a list of what’s working and what’s not working. This is valuable information when you set up a more permanent office space.
Here are some questions you should be asking yourself about your current workspace. Depending on the type of work that you do, and how you work, everyone’s needs will be different.
- Do you have enough surface area?
- Do you need more storage areas?
- How many outlets do you need?
- Is the placement of natural light working or would it be better if the light is coming from a different direction?
- Do you have enough privacy to take a phone call?
- How about the overall look of your office space? Is it pleasing to work in this space, or is your environment draining your energy?
- Is your desk adequate or does this need to be improved?
- Is your office chair comfortable and pleasing?
These are all important questions to ask, and once you review your answers to these questions you can now turn your attention to making improvements in the needed areas. If you find that your current home office space is not working at all, then it might be time to get help with an office design. A designer can look at your entire home and come up with strategic ideas for your new office design that will help to meet all of your home office needs.
Until next time,
From The Blog
I’m incredibly excited today. I’m usually excited to talk about design, but today I’m even more enthusiastic, because today, I get to share...
Three steps to ensure the success of your design projects. In my twenty-plus years in business within the interior design and renovation industry, I...